Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bale Valley Restaurant in Canoga Park,CA


I came to this place because many people told me how good their chicken dish was so of course I needed to come try it out for myself. As I walked in, the workers basically kept doing their own thing and barely made an effort to notice my presence. Finally someone got up and seated me, so from that point on I just felt a bit out of place.

The dish comes with a whole seasoned chicken, pickled vegetables, rice, and oyster sauce. The chicken is deliciously moist and the oyster sauce goes perfectly with the chicken. I personally love the sauce, but I can see this sauce being a bit fishy or overpowering if you've never tried it before. They don't give you enough sauce for the chicken so you're more than likely going to have to ask for more. When I asked for more sauce, I received some attitude, almost like it was just a pain to go back and pour some sauce for me. When I got the sauce I said, "thank you" and got no response. He basically just walked away in an annoyed way and I felt even more awkward. Basically to sum it up, the food is good, yet the environment has a negative impact on how I view this place.

Overall, the customer service is lacking and needs major improvement. I don't think I would sit in here and eat again. If I do eat at this place, I'd probably call ahead of time and order to go. It's difficult to eat in such a negative environment. I feel as if it's not worth my time. I'm sure there are other places that have chicken that tastes just as good or better. This place is also cash only.

Bale Valley
7223 De Soto Ave
Canoga Park, CA 91303

No comments:

Post a Comment